Thursday, February 14, 2013

TALES OF HEROISM


TALES OF HEROISM AND SIMPLE HUMAN DECENCY FROM THE STREETS OF TEHRAN FEBRUARY 14 (25 BAHMAN) 2011--
Talk to anyone who experienced the summer of 2009 in Tehran, they will tell you tales of simple human kindness and decency.... people who hi...d demonstraters etc...... the same stories happened EXACTLY TWO YEARS AGO....HERE ARE TWO OF THEM....
**********************************************

1. THE STORY OF ONE YOUNG WOMAN: I went out on the street to join the crowd...suddendly people were running the opposite direction...and then I saw the bassij (riot police)...and heard at least one gunshot.

My breath stopped.....I remember panicking and starting to cry...then suddenly I felt someone take my arm, her arm in the crook of mine...and I turned around to see this little old chadori woman (WOMAN DRESSED IN THE ULTRA TRADITIONAL ISLAMIC ATTIRE) holding fast to my arm....

As I sobbed, she patted my arm and whispered into my ear: "There, there, my dear. Calm down please. You are not part of this....you are a dutiful niece taking your poor old Auntie shopping...".....
(AND THE RANDOM (CHADORI) STRANGER SAW THIS YOUNG WOMAN OFF TO SAFETY)
********************************************

2. There was one woman, not young but not old, who incurred the wrath of the bassiji....apparently she "mouthed off" too much and they came at her with their electric clubs....a cordon of men held the regime thugs off, just barely....UNTIL....

(GUESS WHAT???) A "JUST MARRIED" car drove by, with a newlywed couple, the handsome young groom and the "blushing" bride...and guess what she did? Without missing a beat, the bride leaned out the window and in an exaggeratedly annoyed toned yelled: "MOM...For GOODNESS SAKE, we are HERE!!!!"

And the Basijii beinging bone-heads, paused long enough for the men to catch on to the rouse and start shouting "OH YES, THERE IS YOUR DAUGHTER!!!" And start passing the middle-aged woman along the line until she reached the BRIDAL car...until she was driven away to safety......
ONE DAY, THERE IS ONE IRANIAN COUPLE WHO WILL TELL THEIR CHILDREN, AND THEN THEIR GRANDCHILDREN, A WONDERFUL "WEDDING STORY".....AND WE CHALLENGE THOSE YOUNG'UNS TO BEAT THAT STORY!!!!!!!! :-D
See Mo

No comments: